I had a GREAT Easter with a wonderful family for whom I am very grateful. Thank you all so much, I had a fabulous time! (pictures will appear soon)
Also got my tan on at the beach, wonderful being there. But unfortunately finals season is upon me.
So, right now its focus focus, go go go time. I'm constantly working on my "to-do" list, always thinking of tasks that need to be accomplished. It's a weird state of being. I'll hopefully be free of it on the 3rd. The most stressful part of it, anyway. Then it's still busy but more fun, hopefully.
I want to spend as much time with people as I can before I leave! I will miss all you beautiful, wonderful people so much.
Then there's the fact that I miss home that puts me in kind of a limbo. And not only do I miss it but much of my business is also directed towards preparing for my return. Torn between two places, two sets of people, two areas of responsibility, two lives. (sorry, this is a similar theme as when I was preparing to come here, I know.)
I'm trying to understand the mystery of it all. So wonderful and yet so hard. I wrote a poem about it, actually. Comparing it to the constant movement of the ocean. Maybe I'll let people read it some day.
Anyway, tell me about your life right now! Any good stories I can read after all this finals junk is over? Or if you want to share something sad I promise to sympathize as soon as I can! How do you feel about updates? How do you feel about transitions? Have you had to go through any transitions lately?

Matt and I took down a bear today! How's that for a good story?
ReplyDeleteI like your updates. They're fun and insightful. And they make me think while I procrastinate.
I find transitions uncomfortable. Mainly because I like some structure and the change throws that off kilter. And, yes, I have gone through a transition. Easter weekend was tough for me. 3.5 days with my family at my sister's house instead of with friends in Moorhead like I'm used too. It seems weird, but those 3.5 days were very tough for me. I felt weird with everything being different. I wasn't home, I wasn't around friends, the conversation was completely different, and what to do for fun was different too! It was only a few days, but nothing was the same and I was freaking out by the second day and I was feeling trapped and cooped up.