Meet Blue Like Jazz, written by the brilliant Donald Miller. Witty, fresh, vibrant, and honest. Though this book is ultimately about God, Miller never comes off as "religious." Throughout the book he simply describes how real God is to him. I think every reader would enjoy his writing no matter what their beliefs are.
I've just spent ten minutes writing and erasing, and re-writing, trying to convey how good this book is. But it's not working. I feel like I work for a book review website, which is not at all what I aspire to sound like.
So, I will simply leave you with this; if you are looking for a good read, find Blue Like Jazz. Your discovery of it's goodness depends on your action. (although I wish I could buy it for every single person I know, placing it directly into their hands. yes, that's how good it is. Okay...I'm done gushing now.)
What are some books that have changed your life and why?
.

No comments:
Post a Comment